On of my Superiors:
"I can say the same about me but you really should start taking better care of yourself and your life."
I tried to recieve the comment humbly, beause there's truth in it - who shouldn't? I know I am a spaz and that I could have prevented some of the harsher repercussions of the theft by only carrying photocopies, etc. But it stings. I didn't ask to have my bag stolen. I really wanted to tell everyone I'd been mugged, to cut down on the scorn I knew would follow the news. But a couple of weeks ago I was appalled to realize how many little white lies I was relying on to get me through the day, and how reflexive they had become. So I'm trying to be an adult, and I'm taking my medicine.
And I hate it!
:o/

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home