Wow
I am a newly converted Yankees fan, and we all know that converts make the best fanatics.
And they LOST!!!
And I'm actually sort of glad, because I like historic events. And this is the first time, in 100 seasons, that any team made it out of a 3 game deficit. And they did it. And if the Socks win the world series, I might actually even be sort of glad.
Except for the fact that "NINETEEEEEEEEEEN EIGHTEEEEEEEEEEN!" makes such a great sadistic cheer. Much better than "TWO THOUSAND FOOOOOOOUR!" ever will, even if they are chanting it in 2090.
Signed,
The least likely baseball fan ever.
(I have mixed feeling about the Yankees, anyway. The Other is a Mets fan, so I will hate them till the day I die. Irrational, but helpful as far as rivalries go. But if the Mets lose, as they so often do, he cheers for the Yankees, and I think of that everytime I cheer for them. Which is another reason to be glad if the Socks win. Except that this is very childish, and I need a team of my own, and the Blue Jays aren't pulling their weight anymore, so what am I to do?
Besides go to bed, which I ought to have done hours ago, seeing that I have to wake up at 6 am for Important Business Stuff.
Much love to those that love me, by the way. It's been a lonely, lonely week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home