Wow, things are looking up
I've not had the energy to writeanything here for a while, though I've had the inclination. But...good news on the homefront - I got THIS e-mail from my mom - they have found a house to rent that will allow my dad to actually run his business, and they can raise some of their own food.
WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!! It is a three bedroom, 2 story 2 car garage, log house. For some reason they chose to put siding on the outside of the house - I simply don't understand why people do that to log houses.... It is on the small size, but we already access to it. The guy gave us the key. Next Monday we are to sign the lease, and give him a 1000 dollar deposit and then we can start moving in - we have permission to build bedrooms in the partly finished 2 car garage - we can even add more floor to the second floor if we want. The Living room is cathedral ceiling. Argh. I just don't understand the attraction of those. We offically start renting December 1st.... I have a closet picked out for the Christmas boxes.... And the kids have already picked the corner for the Christmas tree.
There are 5 extra - no 6 extra buildings on the property. We need to get electricity to them - they are wired but not connected. They use connected to the hydro pole, but a tree came down (probably in a hurricane) and took the wiring down to one of them.
Daddy has suggested that we fix up one of the nicer buildings to use to breed cats in... since he knows I would love to breed kittens. We will see - I have enough on my hands right now, but it was nice to hear him suggest it.
There is a cement building ready for animals - again a little work is needed. I am not in a hurry to have animals but looking forward to a vegetable garden. There is oodles of space there for gardens galore. Lots of nice big old trees!
With some electric fencing we could seriously consider boarding horses - again not a rush, but one more thing we can do.
NO PINE TREES!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is estatic about that!!!!
But - sob, whine, (much gnashing of teeth) - there is NO dishwasher!!!!!
Daddy has promised to buy me one immeadiatly and put it in... I have reviewed that point with him several times.....
Still some weirdness, but it's better than imagining all the children in a tent. I've been walking around feeling like I am having a full-blown-full-time asthma attack, unable to breathe because of the weight of this worry. Despair is such an airless emotion. Suddenly there's a breeze.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home