Bereaved, four yeas two late
Oh my god. I looked him up to see what he was up to and found out that he died four years ago. I'm struck by an unaccountable grief.
Dario's Obituary can be read here: Obituary
This is so strange. He was the same age as my dad. I've thought of him hundreds of times since moving to the city, and tipped people playing South American music huge amounts because of the memories they brought back. I've thought of his son Damien, who we all called Peachy, the same age as my brother Jonathan, and wondered what he was like now, since I only remembered him as a loud, chubby six year old. The last time we saw them I was nine or ten. It feels like a piece of my childhood and a piece of Canada have died right along with him. And FOUR YEARS AGO. This is what I mean by the fear I have about the way people disappear from my life - the way I disappear from theirs. We moved to North Carolina and left a hundred friends behind - we've talked to maybe four of them since moving, seven years ago now. Who knows where they are or if they're even still alive?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home